The application deadline for applying for the Fall term for full consideration of admission and financial aid is January 15th, and must be submitted electronically through Apply Yourself. Prior to submitting your application, please take a look at the requirements below and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Fee: $75 check or payment voucher if you choose to pay your application fee by credit card. When you have completed your online application, you will be asked to pay the application fee, after which your application is transmitted through a secure server. Only after you complete and submit your application will it be available for review by the Department of Statistics. The university provides fee waiver provisions for certain applicant groups, and here is the link https://www.asgraduate.pitt.edu/admissions/application-fee-waivers.
- Transcripts: Upload copies of your undergraduate transcripts and when applicable, graduate transcripts, with your online application. DO NOT SEND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. If you are recommended for an admission, certified transcripts and translations of all undergraduate and graduate study will be required at the time of your admission recommendation.
- Persoanl Statement: You should upload your persoanl statement in the online application for admission. Please also upload CV's and research/writing papers if you have any.
- Three forms/letters of recommendation: You should submit the names of three referees with your online application for admission. Referees should submit their recommendations electronically.
- GRE Scores: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score is recommended but not mandatory for application to our PhD program*. GRE scores are not required for Master's applications. There is no specific score requirement as the GRE is only one aspect of your application that the committee looks at during the review process. You should self-report your scores on the online application for informational purposes and also have ETS submit official GRE scores to us. The institutional code for the University of Pittsburgh is 2927, and if needed, the department code for Statistics is 0705. GRE scores are acceptable for five years after the test date.
English language proficiency demonstrated by one of the following:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90, with a minimum score of 22 in each section.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each section.
Duolingo English Test: Minimum score of 110.
Applicants who have completed or about to complete a bachelor's degree or graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or TOEFL-exempt country are exempt from submission of the TOEFL or IELTS.
More Details and Language Examptions can be found here.
Your application must be submitted by the deadline date.
Many questions about our graduate program can be answered by checking our FAQ's or contact the Academic Coordinator, email@example.com for additional questions.