- PhD, Statistics, Stanford University, 1982
- BA, Mathematics, Harvard University, 1978
- Stochastic models
- Multivariate analysis and distribution
- Applications in neuroscience
- Spike train data analysis
- Czanner, G., Gruen, S., Iyengar, S. (2005). Theory of the snowflake plot and its relations to higher-order analysis methods. Neural Computation, 17, 1456-1479.
- Krimer, L., Zaitsev, A., Czanner, G., Kroner, S., Gonzalez-Burgos, G., Povysheva, N., Iyengar, S., Barrioneuvo, G., Lewis, D. (2005). Clusteranalysis-based physiological classification and morphological properties of inhibitory neurons in layers 2-3 of monkey dorsolateral prefrontal cortex. Journal of Neurophysiology, 94(5), 3009-3022.
- Iyengar, S., Liao, Q. (1997). Modeling neural activity using the generalized inverse Gaussian distribution. Biological Cybernetics, 77, 289--295.
- Bridge, J., Iyengar, S., Salary, C., Barbe, R., Birmaher, B., Pincus, H., Ren, L., Brent, D. (2007). Balancing efficacy and risk in the use of pediatric antidepressant treatment: A meta-analysis of clinical response and risk for reported suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in randomized placebo-controlled trials. Journal of the American Medical Association, 297(15), 1683-1696.